BAT Transportation Inc. generates accurate, timely shipping documents for bank negotiations and customs entry requirements at the port of entry. Our concerns extend far beyond exporting/importing your cargo, we ensure that shipments arrive with all necessary paperwork to clear customs and satisfy the documentation requirements of the importing country.
- Carrier Documentation (Air, Ocean & Truck Bills of Lading)
- Government Documentation (B-13 Export Declarations, Certificates of Origin, Carnets and/or special documentation required by specific countries)
- Banking Documentation (Sight Drafts, Letter of Credits and Foreign Collection Letters)
- General Documentation (Commercial Invoices, Proforma, Invoices, Packing Lists & Insurance Certificates)
Situated at TSTT (Toronto Sufferance Truck Terminal) BAT Transportation Inc. offers a bonded sufferance or a general warehouse facility for long and short-term storage. We supply inventory and distribution services. This service is ideal for non-resident importers as it eliminates the need for staff and facilities at a destination warehouse. We can receive merchandise in our warehouse and distribute to customers across North America.
- Warehouse Facility with 24 Hour Access & Security
- Locations at Toronto International Airport and TSTT
- Cargo Consolidation & De-Consolidation
- Pick & Pack
- Local Cartage/Deliveries
- Bonded Warehousing
We offer importers complete truck, marine and air cargo insurance under our open policy, or with individual policies tailored specifically to your needs. You can choose from three types of coverage—Free of Particular Average, With Average, or All Risk. You can also select from various deductible amounts to help you obtain more favorable premiums.
In addition to handling conventional truck and rail cargo, we are particularly specialized in handling over-sized and “heavy-lift” equipment to and from remote locations worldwide for such diverse cargo as helicopters, hydroelectric transformers, construction machinery , and large scale industrial structures. We have the experience and know-how to handle your entire project shipping requirements.
BAT Transportation Inc., through our affiliation with Canadian and U.S. customs brokers, provides the resources to ensure your goods are classified and valued correctly and your shipment meets the product-specific regulations for clearing at the border, airports or seaports. Upon arrival we can have your shipment cleared and delivered to its final destination. If you import across North America’s land borders we can speed up your customs release through automated customs programs to ensure prompt delivery of you cargo.
We can prepare:
- Surety bonds – most imports are backed by surety bonds and we can help arrange required surety bonds so your goods can be customs released to their final destination
- Customs in-bond entry – if your cargo is destined to an inland port for clearance, a bonded warehouse, a port for export, or a foreign trade zone, we can prepare the required in-bond documents
- Duty drawbacks / claims and/or refunds / valuation rulings / tariff analysis
- North American and worldwide customs clearance expertise
- Fast customs clearance times through automated customs programs
- Electronic release of cargo at all Canadian ports (ACROSS)
- Simplification of the customs release process for frequent imports of the same commodity